Saturday, September 22, 2007

INSURANCE COMPANIES and ME


Yesterday I wrote about NICE-ness from the CBT KINGDOM and insurance companies. And as we all know, most insurance companies are VERY keen to receive our money but DO NOT want to pay out when needed. However, things can be completely different as well.
Many years ago I was on my way to work and stopping and going in traffic as is one of the delights of modern day life. Behind me was a NICE lady who was doing something else. Suddenly there was a loud bang and my car jumped forward. It took me a while to realise that I was rear ended. It was a bit like getting the diagnosis ME, you don’t think it can happen to you but it did. We both got out of our cars, and I knew straight away that she didn’t work for the CBT KINGDOM as she said, I thought you were driving but when I looked closer it was easy to see you had been stationary for quite some time. So I’m very sorry. So she acknowledged she had the diagnosis wrong and apologised. Very strange phenomenon. If you however read the CASEBOOKS by medical protection societies and so about medical errors, they will always advise doctors to say sorry if they got it wrong. If you don’t believe ME, just contact the MPS (Medical Protection Society) or MDU (Medical Defence Union).
Even stranger was what happened after the accident.
My car was pretty much undrivable, but I worked in a two man practice, with the other doctor on holiday. So I NEEDED my car for home visits etc. So what did the insurance company of that lady do??? They actually phoned me up almost immediately, asked for my work address etc and when I explained the situation, they send people round to pick up my car and bring me a replacement at the time convenient for ME. So at the end of my morning surgery, before I had to do my home visits, they came by, as promised, with another car for me and they took my car to get it repaired.
I have recently contacted this company and they assure me that there advisors do NOT work for the CBT KINGDOM, nor do they want to have anything to do with such an organisation. Their philosophy is simple, if their clients have a problem, they have an OBLIGATION as an INSURANCE company to help get things sorted as soon as possible. So PLEASE take NOTE Mr CBT KINGDOM and the company/companies you advise.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails