Tuesday, September 25, 2007

WRONG WRONG WRONG




I have just submitted a response to the BMJ, as some readers have kindly pointed out that I made a mistake. I could say it was my brainfog, I could say it was an overlook, and I could say I didn't know.

But all that is wrong, my brain had just shredded the other Australian guidelines as prehistoric and outdated.

There is however no excuse for an AUSSIE NOT TO KNOW that it should have been the SOUTH Australian Guidelines. Silly ME. So anybody who has pointed out my error, many thanks.

My rapid response to the BMJ was:

SORRY South Australia:

Can I please rectify my comments. And Dr Morris, the psychiatrist, has asked me to do the same on his behalf, that when we mentioned the Australian guidelines, this should have been the SOUTH Australian Guidelines (2004), these are available at: http://sacfs.asn.au/download/guidelines.pdf
Sorry about the mistake.

Dr Speedy.

Competing interests: Bedbound GP with ME

PS: CARTOON by Hans-Michael Sobetzko, see:
http://niceguidelines.blogspot.com/2007/09/no-scientific-base-for-cbt-in-me.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done,
finally a doctor who admits he has made a mistake.
Love your Blog.

TKno2 said...

I'm just wondering does anyone out there know how much it costs to do a NICE review on a subject?

Any figures on any previous reviews would be useful (i.e. doesn't have to be the CFS/ME one).

I know generally things are counted very well in the UK e.g. cost of an hour of a GP's time, an hour of an OT's time, etc (used when drawing up NICE guidelines)
so thought there might be figures or even rough figures out there (e.g. the Dept. of Health may have an idea of the costs before they (or whoever?) ask for one).

Also are the professionals who are on the GDG panels paid?

Thanks,

Tom

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails