Wednesday, November 7, 2007

YOU and YOURS and FALSE ILLNESS BELIEFS



Today I am just sharing another few comments from the YOU and YOURS responses and from the program itself.

One of the CBT Blokeys was on the radio and telling things like we don’t want the Canadian guidelines because we psychiatrists know it better or words to that effect.

Later he was caught off camera so to speak, a bit like, was it Bush and Blair in the past, and Bush on his own, making silly jokes/remarks while the microphones were still running.

So he obviously said that we, the patients with ME have false illness beliefs which is really nothing new. They have been saying and shouting that for years.

Not surprising though, if you have never seen one single patient with ME, nor have you got any intention to change that.

He did however try to soften his remarks by saying he never meant it that way and that his remarks were more meant for people with other diseases or words to that effect.

He also said we should reunite and fight against our common enemy, and that was ME he said.

I must say, despite my noise intolerance I couldn’t stop laughing for hours, only I had to do it silently.

But still, he just made me day.

First, he and his GOBSART friends make our lives even more miserable than ME already did, and then he has the temerity to say, we should join hands.

Should we start to sing together and so as well and sing the national anthem of the CBT KINGDOM????

Blimey.

And then there was that woman, who is blatantly advertising her treatment, that is taking the micky out of everybody with ME, as it has apparently cured her son.

Well that is obviously fantastic news, but as many others have criticised this as well, this clearly meant whoever made the diagnosis of ME got it wrong.

And when I pointed this out she became outraged. I must say, I would be happy, having my son back and so.

But no, she was furious.

And if you just think about Dr Chandhuri, the neurologist from the ME Association, who has stated many times, that of the people referred to him, with the (working) diagnosis of ME, FIFTY percent, so half of them, don’t have it.

Which is great news I would say, they might actually have something we can cure.

And if you read the rapid responses in the BMJ, after the GOBSART Institute of Excellence published their ME guidelines, yes the ones where they forgot to use the internet, or use any medical evidence or other guidelines which actually didn’t make a mess out of ME.

An American professor in Internal medicine said in one of those responses that of the people he sees with the preliminary diagnosis of ME 90% don’t have it.

So only one out of the ten he sees has ME.

I wonder if all of those people got angry with him, or were just really happy when he said I can cure you.

Just a thought.

The other one is a lot more serious, no really.

The sister of Sophia Mirza, the lady who died from ME, and it seems that the medical profession didn’t show itself from its best side, to put it mildly, has spoken out, and this is what she said:

“Yes, I do understand more why my beautiful (thank you for the compliment on her behalf and I agree with you) sister died. As far as I can tell she died from Ego's, money, power and lies.

Not her's, though.

She died from manipulation of the facts and prejudice and ignorance against ME.

She died because some Dr's ego was more important than her well being.

I have book agents interested now and because of what has been shared on this forum I have been able to give much more up to date references in the book 'Sophia and M.E'.

My book 'Sophia and ME' tells the story of how my sister died of ME.

She was not mentally ill but was treated as such. She was sectioned and forced into a mental hospital.

This led to her death. Her life is too high a price to pay for certain people's idea's, or more accurately, their wallets.”

And then I have to think again about what that CBT BLOKEY said. We should join him so he can section the rest of us as well.

What would Mr Clarkson say???? Yes, you must be NUTS. Or would the CBT Blokey now want to section Mr Clarkson as well for using this word???

After so much tragedy brought to you by the MAGIC WAND BRIGADE, it is time to see if there is any positive sort of I don’t know, oh yeah, trying to stay positive and optimistic, so time for some really funny remarks, which is all part of GLT, the Graded Laughter Treatment. To make sure we don't end up on the short site of the MAGIC WAND and its Cunning Baby Treatment.

So far GLT is the most successful treatment for ME, together with CBT, the COOL BLOGGING one that is.

Just read on and enjoy, because that is what is much needed after not only picking up this suggestibility virus which comes together with the false illness beliefs, for the price of one. So a bargain really.

Speedyjohnmartin wrote:
“tkindlon said:
“I know one young woman with ME who now thinks she's psychic"
Was this before or after CBT?

And gutsygirl wrote: “Anyone who has "recovered" through daft therapies like Reverse/Lightening/Cold Baths etc have not had M.E. as I know it.

I would love to be well again, instead of spending most of my life velcro'd to my duvet! But I’m wise enough to know that there are "money making bandits" out there preying on the vulnerable with their hideous assortment of "cures?".

This "bedbug" will not be tempted.“

And so the sage and the fight against ME, the one to GET better and get our lives back, is still hampered through selfishness and narcistic efforts by the CBT BLOKEYS, who have a very different agenda themselves.

MONEY MONEY MONEY as ABBA already sang many years ago.

So time to share a thought by one of my favourite cartoonists, which is putting the CBT Blokeys back in their cages. Back where they belong I would think. Chop chop, off you go as Mr Frost would say.

Enjoy the world of ME as brought to you by Dr Hans-Michael Sobetzko.

Oh and this time if you click on the cartoon you should get the English version as available on the investinme site. I just copied the wrong link yesterday I’m afraid. Although that was pointed out to ME and I have now rectified that.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

001/7 to base, 001/7 to base, come in please. Message reads "Build it and they will come" repeat "Build it and they will come"

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails