Sunday, May 25, 2008

Protesting at the RSM and Joan's ME story...



MY STORY

Up until 1997 I had been a fit, active person. I enjoyed long distance cycling, hill walking, and skiing. I enjoyed a very active social life and a challenging and busy job. I got a buzz out of living a full life.

So, where did it all go wrong? In 1997, I had been given several injections before I went abroad to work - polio, typhoid, hepatitis and I took antimalaria tablets for six months. I was really tired and drained all the time and my eyes kept 'wobbling' or that is what it felt like anyway!

I put this all down to the antimalaria tablets and working long hours in heat and humidity; it would make anyone tired. I also had a problem with diarrhoea and eventually it got so bad I took myself to the nearest city for testing. I was diagnosed with a bacterial and fungal infection of the guts.

I took the pills and that was that. After my return to the UK I never fully recovered and over the following years I suffered periodic diarrhoea, muscle tenderness & twitching, cognitive impairment and mental fatigue. I had many NHS tests done. Nothing was ever found. I was also getting some other symptoms. I developed a horrid fear of flying, which was very frightening. I had previously found flying to be an adventure and exciting. Now, I was a wreck when we hit turbulence.

I carried on working. I found myself in the position of being able to work, provided I took no exercise at all. I worked and slept, worked and slept, for a year, before I took a turn for the worse and in 1999, I was diagnosed with depression, by my GP. With the benefit of 20:20 hindsight it was clear that ......


I just received a great comment a few days ago when my server and modem were not on permanent holiday, about my BLOG about professor CBT and his project to GET piles reclassified as a psycho illness.

“CBT for piles ...explains their confusion and delusions about m.e. though - must have been talking to the wrong end of the patient for years - obviously don't know which way is up - a wee visit to the optician might help.”

And that is why it is so great that the BBC after their YOU AND YOURS programm have now launched their own version of CBT, the CeeBeebiesTherapy for psychiatrists who are in diar need of help as they don’t know which way is up, nor do they know that CBT-ism for ME is not only a waste of money, it is also deceit of the very first order and a criminal offence.

It is a bit like telling that a Trabant goes faster than a Lamborghini, or that a lion is less dangerous than a butterfly but with CBT you can sort that problem....

Now the good thing about the CeeBeebiesTherapy is that it will be brought to you by the Teletubbies, don’t ask me if it will be professor CBT himself or his Top Dogina who wil start talking the way the Teletubbies do.

The BBC has also announced that it will host a real research project in the style of the FINE PACE trial, so a project with the outcome decided before the trial has started. A bit like if I would kick a ball and state that I will be better at it than Cristiano Ronaldo or that I cab drive faster than Lewis Hamilton.

And even after 12 to 16 sessions of Harry Potter therapy also called CBT, I will not beat Lewis even if he would drive a P40 or a P60 and I would drive his McLaren fo the simple reason that I would stall the bloody thing every time I would try to drive away, and if you don’t believe, me ask that little Hammond fellow from TOP GEAR that never crashes thanks to his CeeBeebiesTherapy, how many times it took him to finally drive away in the Renault F1 car.

I think it took him all day, 93,3 attempts to drive 48 inches or something to that extent, and when the clutch was almost turned into a BBQ one that is GET’ed he got going.

And that little fellow is still puzzled how he did it and has no answer to that question, a bit like professor CBT if you ask him what ME is after 20 odd years of so called research of porkie telling about the disease…..
And if you want to see some great photo's from the protest, just download them here and DO NOT FORGET TO LOOK at page 14 !!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Pippa said...

Who organizes these protests? I would have been there if I had known! Thank you for working so hard on a great blog. I can't always read the whole thing, but what I read is great. Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

Gus Ryan organised an afternoon protest at the RSM. Joan Crawford (and her hubby) did their own leaflets and handed them out in the morning.

Watch out on MEActionUK on Yahoo groups for similar protests

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails