Friday, August 19, 2011

Gurli Bagnall: To a very large section of the medical community, ethics and the Hippocratic Oath stand for nothing

Gurli Bagnall's Story: I submitted a claim for medical misadventure to the ACC (Accident Compensation Corporation). During my long and traumatic dealings with them, my medical records were misrepresented, my sworn statement destroyed, attempts to intimidate and obstruct were regular strategies, the drugs and their uses were re-categorised and more.

If I hadn't already learnt the lesson, I learnt it now – to a very large section of the medical community, ethics and the Hippocratic Oath stand for nothing. I won the battle but at great cost to my health. Read more>>

See also: In memoriam Gurli Bagnall, another patient who has just died from severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails